Login | Register
About Us
Find Us
Master Plan
Community Photos
Homeowners' Resource Guide
Swim Team
Area Links
Contact Us
HOA Survey
Meeting Minutes
Member Directory
Policies & Procedures
Reserve Study
Wi-Fi Information




  • What is a Fishing/Lake Lanyard and is it required?
    A Mt. Carmel Fishing/Lake Lanyard is required to be visible on your person when boating and fishing on and around all lakes. A lanyard may be purchased for $5.00 from Elite Housing Management. No agreement required.
    125 Electronics Blvd., Suite P  |  Huntsville, AL 35824   
                                  Email: info@ehmusa.com                                  
                                                                        Telephone: 256-808-8719
  • What is Mt Carmel by the River Homeowners Association (MCHOA)?

    The MCHOA is a mandatory membership for all homes in Mt Carmel by the River.  MCHOA membership payments are due every January 1 and considered late after January 31. Unpaid accounts will result in a fine, a lien being placed on your property, and legal collection action. The MCHOA office maintains the common grounds, enforces compliance to the Declaration of Protective Covenants, and handles Architectural Review. Our office is located at 350 Mt Carmel Road, Huntsville AL, 35811. For more information, please email board@mtcarmelhoa.com, or you may call (256) 746-9980. 
  • What is the Declaration of Protective Covenants?

    The Declaration of Protective Covenants is the governing legal document that set up the guidelines for the operation of the planned community as a non-profit corporation. The Covenants were recorded by the County recorder's office of the County in which the property is located and are included in the title to your property. Failure to abide by the Covenants may result in a fine and/or legal action to a homeowner by the Association. The governing legal documents for the association are provided to each homeowner, and may be viewed online here.
  • What is the Board of Directors?

    The MCHOA is a non-profit corporation and therefore a governing body is required to oversee its business. The members of the Board of Directors are elected by the homeowners. Each term is a two-year commitment. The limitations and restrictions of the powers of the Board of Directors are outlined in the Declaration of Protective Covenants in the Bylaws.
  • Who makes up the MCHOA Board of Directors?
    The community holds elections to elect homeowners as Board members when a position becomes available. The Board is made up of five homeowners. Each term is a two-year commitment.
  • When does the Board of Directors meet?

    The Board typically meets on the third Wednesday of each month. The Homeowner Open Session starts at 5:30pm at the Manor House. If you would like to be placed on the agenda to speak during the 15 minute Homeowners Open Session, please submit your name and subject matter to the HOA Coordinator, by noon on the Monday prior to meeting, to be placed on the agenda. Please keep subject matter to 3 minutes, where possible. The Board meeting immediately follows the Homeowner Open Session; homeowners may observe, however, must refrain from speaking during this time. The homeowners are asked to exit at the conclusion of the meeting to allow the Board to proceed to Executive Session.  The Board meetings do not adhere to Roberts Rules of Order.
  • What is the Manor House?

    The Manor House functions as an office, and club house available for reservation by the residents of Mt Carmel by the River in accordance with a published rental schedule and rental guidelines. You may submit a Manor House reservation request on-line.  The rental fee and deposit must be mailed or taken to:
    125 Electronics Blvd., Suite P  |  Huntsville, AL 35824   
                                                                      Email: info@ehmusa.com                                  
                                                                     Telephone: 256-808-8719
  • How do I get access to the pool and tennis courts?
    The pool will open May 15th–September 30th, and tennis courts are accessible year round. Both are accessed by a single key card which can be purchased at through Elite Housing Management for $25 or one key card is complimentary to new homeowners after completing a Pool and Tennis Court Key Agreement. Please follow all facility rules or you jeopardize your HOA common property privileges if rules are violated by you, your children, or guests.
    125 Electronics Blvd., Suite P  |  Huntsville, AL 35824   
                                              Email: info@ehmusa.com                                  
           Telephone: 256-808-8719
  • How do I get access to the gated river picnic area?

    Keys (non-copyable) for the gated river area can be purchased through Elite Housing Management for $20, or one key card is complimentary to new homeowners after completing the River Picnic Area Guidelines & Key Agreement. Please follow all facility rules or you jeopardize your HOA common property privileges if rules are violated by you, your children, or guests.
    125 Electronics Blvd., Suite P  |  Huntsville, AL 35824   
                                                 Email: info@ehmusa.com                                  
               Telephone: 256-808-8719
  • Can I get a map of Mt Carmel by the River community?
    You may download one here.
  • Who do I contact if I've lost my pet?

    You can work through the Mt Carmel by the River Neighbors Facebook page to list lost pets. This site is exclusively for Mt. Carmel by the River homeowners and their families. It provides a way to communicate with your neighbors about social events and news in our community. This site is not associated with the Mt Carmel HOA or Board of Directors. Please do not contact the MCHOA office for assistance with lost pets.
  • If I am having a problem with a neighbor for a violation of the Covenants?

    Should you have a situation that is in a covenant violation and does not appear to be resolved through neighborly means, please contact Elite Housing Management. All concerns must be submitted in writing to Elite Housing Management. If the situation is deemed in violation of the Covenants, Elite Housing Management will institute the enforcement policy. Your continued assistance may be required.
    125 Electronics Blvd., Suite P  |  Huntsville, AL  35824
    Email: info@ehmusa.com
    Telephone: 256-808-8719
  • What process must I go through to make changes to the exterior of my home?

    All changes to the exterior of your home including tree removal, roofing, landscape, lighting, etc. must be submitted to the Architectural Review Committee (ARC) for approval. Please see ARC rules here.
  • Do I have to paint my fence?
    All fences in Mt Carmel must be stained with Mt. Carmel stain (formerly Glidden 9899 in covenants).  As a general rule, all fences on lake/river lots or connected to HOA common areas shall be wrought iron or cast aluminum and shall be black in color.  Non-lake/river lots have a choice of wrought iron, cast aluminum or 6ft tall, cedar or pressure treated pine Shadow Box style flat top or rounded fencing stained with Mt. Carmel stain. The Mt. Carmel stain may be purchased at the PPG Professional store (formerly Glidden) on Bob Wallace Avenue or the Home Depot or Lowes on North Memorial Parkway. Please specify you need Mt. Carmel Stain color. The formulas are kept on file in their contractors file. All fencing must be submitted and approved through the Architectural Review Committee before installation begins, to avoid a fine.
  • What if I want to remove a tree?

    Any exterior changes to your home must be submitted to the ARC for review and approval. Covenants state no tree over 1 1/2 caliper may be removed without approval first.
  • How do I get a new mailbox or my mailbox fixed?

    Mailbox repair or replacement is the responsibility of the homeowner. The design, name, and model number of the approved mailbox may be obtained from New Market Ironworks. Please present a picture of the style that applies to your Phase and they will have the information needed on file. All mailboxes must be maintained and require semi gloss or gloss black paint only.
  • Who can fish in Mt Carmel lakes?

    Fishing at Mt Carmel lakes is strictly limited to Mt Carmel homeowners and residents with the appropriate fishing/lake lanyard to show you are not trespassing on HOA properties. Lanyards may be purchased for $5.00 from Elite Housing Management. All guests must be accompanied by the homeowner.
    125 Electronics Blvd., Suite P  |  Huntsville, AL 35824   
                                  Email: info@ehmusa.com                                  
                                                                     Telephone: 256-808-8719
  • When is the Mt Carmel yard sale?

    The community-wide yard sale is held every spring and fall, typically on the 4th Saturday in April and September. The yard sales, from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., are held in individual homeowner’s yards throughout the entire community. There is no fee to participate by the homeowner.  MCHOA will place an ad (with rain date) in The Huntsville Times on the Wednesday and Friday before the sale; including online advertising Wednesday through Saturday. Rain date is always the following Saturday with no additional advertising placed. A yard sale sign will be placed at the entrance to Mt Carmel the week of the yard sale.
  • When does the County pick up debris?

    Madison County picks up large debris on a monthly basis during the first full week of the month. Thursday is the anticipated day, but is not guaranteed. Debris may be placed curbside the weekend before scheduled pickup and should not extend in the street or interfere with traffic. Debris must be on your property, not your neighbors or HOA properties and easements. Violators will receive fines. Call the County Shed at 256-379-2205 for questions.
  • Who do I contact about personal property drainage issues or tree trimming along county easements?
    Please contact the County Commission District 1 at 256-379-2205.
  • There is a street light out on my street. Who should I contact?

    If you notice a street light out, please report it to: Huntsville Utilities at 256-535-1324.
  • Can I have guests on HOA property?
    Yes. You must accompany your guests at all times on HOA property.  Please follow all facility rules or you jeopardize your HOA common property privileges when rules are violated by you, your children, or guests.
  • Are recreational vehicles allowed on common properties or trails?

    No recreation vehicles, such as four-wheelers or golf carts, are allowed.
  • Can I drive my POV along the river?

    No vehicles, except Board-approved, are permitted to drive near or along the river except in the designated parking area.
  • Can I place a sign in my front yard?
    Only real estate and political signs are permitted at Mt Carmel. Political signs may be displayed for 30 days prior to an election and taken down within 2 days following. Refer to covenants for more details.


© Copyright 2019 Mt Carmel by the River | Neighborhood Website by HOA Sites | Terms of Use | Admin